Re: cd /u/N/v/ tab expansion

On 08/04/2022 00:11, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 1:20 PM zzapper <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
% ls /usr/l/b

If I hit TAB again:

% ls /usr/l/b
libexec/  local/
One issue I had was that it was only offering me two of the possible 6
sub-directories
If you look at my example, I was only offered libexec and local even
though there is a /usr/lib directory.  But there's no file matching
"b*" in /usr/lib, so "lib" is excluded.

Wow in the end my problem was all PEBCAK

zsh can only complete if there is one or more existing set of subdirectories

e.g.

cd /z/z/z will not expand as no such hierarchy exists on my pc but as you get no warning message you may (incorrectly) think the feature isn't working

whereas

cd /e/X/f/<tab>

successfully expands to

cd /etc/X11/fonts/