Re: cd /u/N/v/ tab expansion

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 9:17 AM Tomasz Pala <gotar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 20:00:18 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>
> > So the results have been correctly completed and added, they're just
> > not in the tag group where they appear on the first attempt.
>
> This is why "-U" alone also "fixes" my case as far as I understand (?).

If I'm following correctly, that prevents the internal completion
matching from removing what it thinks are non-matching entries from
the tag group.  That's why I'm a bit skeptical of unconditionally
passing -U, especially if the :gs change handles cases other than the
"state-leaking" (see previous response).

> This is far beyond my skills on completion flow tracking...

It's just running _complete_debug once with globcomplete off and again
with globcomplete on, and then diffing the trace files.  Plus some
idea of which deltas are meaningful.