Re: Weird history behavior

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 9:55 AM Adam Cooper <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (Moving .zshenv into ZDOTDIR resulted in zsh displaying a menu with options for configuring zsh from the start.)

Incidentally you don't want to move .zshenv into $ZDOTDIR, because you
need one in $HOME to assign to ZDOTDIR in the first place.

Personally I think you're overdoing the "export" statements, you
shouldn't need most of those values in the environment if you're
assigning them in ~/.zshenv ... only a few values (XDG stuff and PATH,
for example) need to be exported for other applications to see them.