Re: Portability of zwc files between zsh versions

On Sun, 2022-08-14 at 12:38 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Possibly the right thing to do would be to remove the version check
> and instead be more diligent about updating the *MAGIC values, I
> suspect that the habit of doing the latter was forgotten when the
> version check subsumed it.

Indeed, I think the shell version check was inspired by the knowledge
that we were already being less than diligent in updating the dumped
wordcode version number.

Maybe a bit of creative thinking about how we detect relevant changes is
needed.  The only real requirement is picking up incompatibilities when
we make a release.

pws