Re: Portability of zwc files between zsh versions

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 1:16 PM Peter Stephenson

> Maybe a bit of creative thinking about how we detect relevant changes is
> needed.  The only real requirement is picking up incompatibilities when
> we make a release.

We could drop a zcompile'd file in the Test directory and add a check
that it loads+runs correctly.  It might be a bit tricky to construct
an example that uses all possible syntax tokens, and there's a
question of how to rebuild it such that we know it wasn't just
forcibly recompiled using the current build without updating the magic
numbers.