Re: zsh expansion fails if nocaseglob and not all directory components are listable

> On Aug 22, 2022, at 2:02 PM, Oliver Freyermuth <o.freyermuth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature — but I have seen some zsh scripts break when the top level home directory (/home) is set to mode 711 and owned by root
> (as is common for shared home directories offered via network at our site), when nocaseglob is active.

This behavior is known; see the discussions rooted at workers/47813
(https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2021/msg00026.html) and workers/47822
(https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2021/msg00035.html), and possibly
others I'm not aware of.  I don't remember if any of the proposed
changes were accepted.

--
vq