Re: zsh expansion fails if nocaseglob and not all directory components are listable

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 1:15 PM Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This behavior is known; see the discussions rooted at workers/47813
> (https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2021/msg00026.html) and workers/47822
> (https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2021/msg00035.html), and possibly
> others I'm not aware of.  I don't remember if any of the proposed
> changes were accepted.

47913: implement CASE_PATHS option to make NO_CASE_GLOB more sensible

This was included in the 5.9 release.

The NEWS file says:

The option CASE_PATHS was added to control how NO_CASE_GLOB behaves.
NO_CASE_GLOB + NO_CASE_PATHS is equivalent to the current NO_CASE_GLOB
behaviour. NO_CASE_GLOB + CASE_PATHS treats only path components that
contain globbing characters as case-insensitive; this behaviour may
yield more predictable results on case-sensitive file systems.
NO_CASE_PATHS is the default.