Re: Most minimal configuration challenge

On 2022-08-28 11:58, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 6:59 AM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Er, what?

Zsh by default has for years bound both ^? (del) and ^H (backspace) to
backward-delete-char.  What else are you expecting?
Maybe that was just bash, I could be getting my wires crossed.  What remains is that overwhelming sense of things being very unhelpful for the beginner. But I would say that the default install of zsh should be friendlier.  Memory fades tho, it's many years ago.