Re: key binding not working

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 2:14 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      bindkey "\e[A" history-beginning-search-backward
>
> ... use this in the old install and the new install of Debian 11, same
> config files exactly.  But now, the up arrow has no sense of completion
> of a command that's partially typed, it just gives the last command

Chances are that the default terminal setting for "keypad transmit
mode" has changed.

Type ctrl-v and then press up arrow, I'll bet you don't see ^[[A (and
if you do, there's something more insidious going on, such as your
setting of $KEYTIMEOUT)

To be more thorough, run

autoload -Uz zkbd
zkbd

(If anyone tries this and sees something wrong or incomplete with the
explanatory output, please let us know.)