Re: key binding not working

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022, at 11:15 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
> On 2022-09-25 18:58, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>>
>> The first command runs a NO_RCS shell and then sources /root/.zshrc
>> *in the calling shell, after the NO_RCS shell exits*.  It is not
>> analogous to the second command at all.
>>
> Thanks.  I'll find out what NO_RCS is.  I thought 'zsh -f' was 'a clean'
> startup, nothing sourced at all.

Not quite; the global zshenv (/etc/zshenv by default) is always run.

> Then I could just feed it the scripts that I choose.

Regardless of what type of shell you launch, the command you suggested
earlier does not do that.  Running

    cmd1; cmd2

executes 'cmd1' and then executes 'cmd2' after 'cmd1' has exited.
This is basic shell behavior that is not affected by whether 'cmd1'
is 'zsh -f' or anything else (alias shenanigans aside).

--
vq