Re: line continuation with sed

On 2022-10-14 22:08, Bart Schaefer wrote:
We went through this a while ago. A comment can't end with a line
continuation because then it's not possible to distinguish where the
comment itself ends (is the following line part of the comment?).  A
comment can't follow a line continuation for the same reason a space
can't.

I remember.  But it took a while for the memory to resurface, sorry for flogging a dead horse.  (But I do think the horse could be flogged a bit more ;-)