Re: var=$( typeset "$1" ) ... not within a function.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 8:58 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2022-10-21 11:25, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> >
> > Lower-case cdpath is not an environment variable, so printenv would
> > have no reason to print it.
>
> Sorry I meant:
>
> 2 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 2 $ printenv path

The same reason applies here: `path` is not an environment variable,
so printenv doesn't print it.

Now that you've described what you are trying to achieve, it's clear
that using printenv is not what you need. Please see my last post for
one way of printing parameters whose names case-insensitively match a
pattern.

Roman.