Re: var=$( typeset "$1" ) ... not within a function.

On 2022-10-21 12:02, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

Now that you've described what you are trying to achieve, it's clear
that using printenv is not what you need. Please see my last post for
one way of printing parameters whose names case-insensitively match a
pattern.

Thanks for that, I'm studying it.  Nice to get closer to the root of the issue, and that does it.

Roman.