Re: "typeset -p" inconsistency

On 2022-11-01 18:13, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
"It seems like a simple thing" (based on zero evidence, btw) is not
a reason to duplicate existing functionality in a less precise and
significantly more verbose way.

Ironically my only thought was to reduce verbosity by getting rid of the duplication.

)

2 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 0 $ typeset -mp "(#i)path"
typeset -aT PATH path=( . /aWorking/Zsh/System /aWorking/Bin /usr/local/bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin ) export -T PATH path=( . /aWorking/Zsh/System /aWorking/Bin /usr/local/bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin )

2 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 0 $ . test; test path
typeset -g -aT PATH path=( . /aWorking/Zsh/System /aWorking/Bin /usr/local/bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin ) export -T PATH path=( . /aWorking/Zsh/System /aWorking/Bin /usr/local/bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin )

... three different permutations for one and the same variable. I suppose one gets used to it, but at first it's pretty confusing.  But that's just me.

No, I mean it seems a bit long and a bit belabored.  I'm just saying
that I'd expect those variables to be set to standard internal paths,
and if someone is running some particular distro they can add to the
paths as needed.
Ask whoever packaged your zsh.  That is not the default FPATH.

Ah!  So that's Debian's doing.  Funny they include so much stuff for other distros.  I'll edit that back to stock.  Mind, it's time I downloaded 5.9.  When I reinstalled Debian I just went with whatever came down the wire from them since I had to have a shell fast.  I've got the time to get it from the devs now.

Come to think of it, those directories are in the 'fignore' ...
are they to be ignored?
What?  Based on the output you shared, fignore is clearly empty.

Probably got my wires crossed.  It was an off-hand question.