Re: coloring substitution seems to eat next line.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 1:42 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > local MATCH MBEGIN MEND
> > which should never appear except inside a function, and should only
> > appear at the beginning of the function and not inside a loop.
> Heavy duty diagnostic stuff it seems.

Well, no.  "local" is a variable scope declaration.  But "local" is a
synonym for "typeset" and we just had that long discussion about how
"typeset" both declares variables and prints their values ... so you
don't want to execute it multiple times, because the second+ time it
is going to start printing instead of declaring.