Re: one time in 20 error

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 6:41 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a function that uses zcurses that works fine about 19 times out
> of 20 but occasionally, on returning, it leaves something like this on
> the command line:
>
> #zsh: permission denied: 1
> #^[[<0;24;4m#
> $ 0;24;4m

This might be a response by the TTY to a query that your script has
sent to it. Basically, if the script queries the TTY and exits before
reading the response, then the response goes to zle and you see this
kind of garbage on the command line.

^[[<0;24;4m is a CSI sequence. I don't remember its meaning from the
top of my head.

Roman.