Re: uninvited members of associative array

On 2022-12-16 11:04, Dominik Vogt wrote:
I think you have a grave misconception of shells. Shells are
basically command line interpreters with some text processing.
I know it.  All the extra functionality accreted over the years. It's an evolutionary cul-de-sac in that the latter additions are somewhat clumsy in as much as they have to contend with the earlier design.  Can't be helped.
There's no
conception of symbolic values; all input is just text.
Except for those times when I wish it is was 'just text' but instead things are expanded.  Anyway how is a variable name not a symbol for the contents of the variable?
Shells are
are not "programming languages".
That's a strange thing to hear.  A program is a list of things on asks a computer to accomplish and zsh accomplishes them.  But you know more about all this than I do.
The shell does not know about
file names on the command line, it just expands strings to
filenames if they contain globbing patterns.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt