Re: path PATH

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 7:54 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's nothing the same as PATH displaying with spaces when in fact it
> has colons.

Is the number 42 "in fact" 8#52?

When you type `typeset -p PATH` you are asking zsh "what exactly is
PATH parameter" and zsh answers *this* question precisely and
accurately. When you type `printenv PATH`, you are asking "what is the
value of PATH environment variable" and you get the answer to *this*
question precisely and accurately. The two answers aren't the same
because the questions aren't the same. Both answers are correct for
the respective questions and they would be nonsense if the questions
were swapped.

I gotta say, in pretty much every thread where you asked a question
I'm left wondering whether you understood what I was saying. From my
point of view the answer is logical and in a sense obvious, but every
response I can elicit from you leaves me doubtful. Do you see that
`typeset -p PATH` prints the right answer to the question you are
asking and that any other output would have been wrong?

Roman.