Re: path PATH

On 2023-01-29 14:42, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
The patch Bart mentioned earlier adds an explicit reference.
Easier if all the exposition was in one place tho, one would quickly see what's missing.

Feels like a bug.

Yeah, and as I've said, apart from it, this thread would never have started.  If typeset -p really did output exactly the string that would recreate the param that was input to it, then that would be just what I feel it should do -- and claims to do -- and dp wouldn't be needed.  Oh, and it might as well output the value too cuz values are part of the input to a typeset, ergo a recreation would obviously include the value:

1 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 0 $ typeset -Hi zzz=123

1 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 0 $ typeset -p zzz
#typeset -i zzz

typeset -Hi zzz=123

... cool to be able to view a var and in such a way that one could just edit that and recreate the var in one go.  typeset -p is a good idea, it just doesn't do what it claims to do.