Re: path PATH

On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 6:31 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2023-01-28 14:51, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>
> > I still don't really
> > grasp why this is helpful to you
>
> ... because the above is accurate.

That's not an answer to the question.  Other available information is
also accurate, just not (what you consider) complete.

> ... and I'm interpreting that as saying that PATH and path are two
> different names for the same var.

Still not an answer.  They actually ARE two different names for the
same operation of the shell, so what difference did it make to you?
When do you ever need to know this for a variable you can't look up by
name in the docs?

If the answer is just because you're curious, that's perfectly fine,
but it isn't necessarily a justification for adding something to the C
code of the shell.

Incidentally, "typeset -P" is already co-opted by the zsh/param/private module.