Re: path PATH

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 2:36 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BTW, trivial bit of hair-splitting, but the doc says that, eg, integers
> *are* scalars -- uses scalar like a category

This is true.  A scalar is anything that substitutes only a single
value, as distinct from an array that substitutes multiple values.

scalar
  (string, the default and not given a distinct name)
  integer
  float (including double-precision)
array
  (of string, the default)
  associative array (aka "association" or "hash" or "hash table")

Any single element of an array is also a scalar, at least at this time
-- we don't support compound data types.