Re: path PATH

On 2023-01-26 13:44, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 1:41 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Where did you find "undefined" that led you to think it's a parameter modifier?
Oh ... parameters autoloadable from a module that haven't yet been
loaded.  That's a bit of an odd case.

With no one place where all these modifiers are discussed, it's sorta like an Easter egg hunt -- one collects modifiers as one finds new examples here and there.  I probably still haven't found all of them.  I admit that it becomes a bit of an obsession more than a practical matter but when I decide I want a list of *all* of the types/modifiers, I want a list of *all* of them.  Dunno, it's the stamp-collector's mentality I suppose.  And to think that I thought that typeset -p gave us the complete story.

BTW, trivial bit of hair-splitting, but the doc says that, eg, integers *are* scalars -- uses scalar like a category -- I thought a var was a scalar *or* an integer.  That is, scalar is a type, not a family of types.  I think that's what we do in practice anyway so it's a bit unimportant.