Re: path PATH

On 2023-01-26 14:43, Bart Schaefer wrote:

This is true.  A scalar is anything that substitutes only a single
value, as distinct from an array that substitutes multiple values.

Now that you mention it, that's logical.  Mind, then we need a word for a 'plain' scalar, vs. say in integer.    Yeah, I see the point.   Mind, in practice context pretty much makes the meaning clear.   OTOH, for a C coder the ambiguity of shell data types is disturbing, but I guess that's the way it always has been and always will be.  I still find myself 'declaring' all my variables even if I don't have to.