Re: Looking for a pointer on what to search for to find information on command expansion / substitution.

On 2/25/23 11:59 AM, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
My best guess is that you had the following snippet in .zshrc that you'd copied from zshwiki.org:

Thank you Roman. That does seem to function the way that -- I think -- I want.

The magic-abbrev-expand() function seems to be more complex than I remember. But perhaps I'm mis-remembering and / or this version is more robust than what I was using.

Either way, this does provide the desired functionality.

I will use this as is for now and spend more time learning about the components in the coming days.

Thank you again.  :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die