Re: .zsh_history

On 2023-04-08 09:53, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

Yes. If you exit all shells, you'll have history from all of them
saved within $HISTFILE.

I can't remember if it's stock or something I cobbled together for myself, but my history is updated in real time, I don't need to exit.  All shells have all commands available from all other shells in real time.  Only thing is that I have to press ENTER to update each shell to the current state.  Tho my history selection function doesn't even need that, it's up to the second all the time.  Mind, I've sometimes wanted to be able to isolate a shell from history and I expect that's easy, tho I don't know how.