Re: order of sourcing

On 2023-04-16 09:48, Ray Andrews wrote:

On 2023-04-16 09:17, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

$ for aa in *(.); do source $aa; done

... doing that in my test directory cures the problem, but I still have the problem with my real functions -- I have to re-source function files that call other functions if the called function is sourced latter than the calling function.

Here's the real example:

All functions in the directory are sourced with

$ for aa in *(.); do source $aa; done

... the two functions are 'i' and 'v', with the former calling the later.

4 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 3 % i zsh

_i:104: permission denied: v

4 /aWorking/Zsh/Source/Wk 3 % . i; i zsh

... All OK.  Could aliases have something to do with it?  I can't duplicate the problem with test functions tho.