Re: permission denied

On 2023-04-20 15:13, Bart Schaefer wrote:
Try it with

% print -rl "Hello World"

Ah!  '(z)' takes care not to split within quotes.  Sheesh, why doesn't the manual just say that? 'taking into account' is a bit vague.  I'm never sure about anything when it comes to splitting, but I'd have expected the '=' to do the 'normal' thing and '(z)' to do something 'specialized' in some way, but in this case it strikes me that '(z)' is doing the 'right' thing.  Anyway '(z)' it must be!  Tx.

Roman:

I think this is the 3rd time I'm giving you this tip. Please remember it.

I got as far as remembering that there was something I was supposed to remember.  :-)  Seriously, there are times when I might use some diagnostic or fix received here in a purely ad hoc way, that is, I just want to solve some problem right now and I don't retain any lessons cuz there's too much going on in my head.  In a more relaxed situation the lesson itself is more important that the specific problem.  Yes!  Remember that what you see is sometimes not an accurate reflection of the genuine internal state of a variable, thus, if in doubt, use 'typeset -p'.  It's one of those 'real world' skills that you never read in a book or article.  Also, I take long breaks between coding frenzies, during which I often feel I've forgotten 99% of everything I ever knew.