How do I go about finding reason for slow tab completion with taskwarrior "task" command?

I’m using taskwarrior on latest version of Debian stable (bookworm).

It takes about 2 seconds for its “task” command to respond to tab completion, making it no better than typing things in directly for most commands.

Git completion works well with very little delay. So I have to assume it’s something related to taskwarrior.

The completion script can be found here: https://github.com/GothenburgBitFactory/taskwarrior/blob/develop/scripts/zsh/_task and I can see it on my machine at /usr/share/zsh/site-functions/_task

What’s a good method for determine what is slowing things down? I was thinking about commenting out various part of the script through trial and error. But if I rename the _task file and start a new zsh process, completion still works. So I’m not sure how to get that _task script reloaded easily.

Can someone head me in the right direction?