Re: ls *.mp4 → ls : invalid option -- 'M'

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 12:46 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dunno, but it seems to me like that EDITOR setting thing you just cleaned up -- too much helpfulness when what was needed was a direct and explicit imperative.

On the other had we have plenty of people requesting that completions
offer either more, or more contextually specific, matches.  Those
people certainly want assistance rather than imperatives, and the
EDITOR/VISUAL checks have never prevented anyone from being explicit
instead.