Re: SIGWINCH patch

Hi,

Tatsuo Furukawa <tatsuo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Hello !  I am zsh novice user.
>
> I tried to complile zsh-2.6-beta10 on HP-UX 8.0. But , I can not compile
> well. (>_<)
>
>   Generally, I think zsh-2.6-beta10 can not compile on OS which has not
> SIGWINCH.

HP-UX *does* have SIGWICH.  However, some constants have to be defined
for it to work:

/* $Header: signal.h,v 1.49.61.10 92/07/16 16:15:04 indnetwk Exp $ */

/* ... */

#  define _SIGWINCH     23      /* window size change signal */
#  define _SIGWINDOW    _SIGWINCH /* added for compatibility reasons */

#ifdef _INCLUDE_HPUX_SOURCE
/* ... */
#  define SIGWINCH	_SIGWINCH
#  define SIGWINDOW	_SIGWINCH
/* ... */
#endif /* _INCLUDE_HPUX_SOURCE */

/* ... */

As you can see, _INCLUDE_HPUX_SOURCE must be defined.  It probably isn't
being defined on your system, so either there's something wrong with your
configuration (system? compiler? headers?) or we have to make sure that
_INCLUDE_HPUX_SOURCE gets defined ny the zsh configure script.

Also note that on most systems (BSD systems in particular), SIGWINCH is
defined to be 28.  In HP-UX, it's 23, so we can't make any assumptions
about the value of SIGWINCH (i.e., #ifndef SIGWINCH/#define SIGWINCH 28
is not recommended).

- Esky