Re: Prompt truncation

>I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for
>not having updated the man pages to reflect the prompt truncation feature.
>I've started a new job and I've been TERRIBLY busy.
>
>While we're on the subject, would there be any objection to changing the
>format from %[<...] and %[>...] to %<...< and %>...> ?
>
>Also, there are some subtle bugs in the way truncation occurs w/ respect
>to $PARAMETERS and embedded newlines/tabs.  I plan on fixing these problems,
>but it will take some time.

I've submitted patches for all of these matters.  See patches 195 and
265.  After these patches, both forms of truncation control are
accepted, and all sequences that are subject to truncation have control
characters displayed neatly.  (It's even possible to truncate in the
middle of a control character!)

-zefram