Re: Final 3.0.0 test release

On Aug 14,  7:15pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Final 3.0.0 test release
}
} I've put together the final 3.0.0 release but before I release it I'd like
} some other people to try it.

I still object to having a configure test for the default behavior of
BSD_ECHO when run as "sh".  This should NOT be something that varies
from one installation to the next!

For one thing, people who already have an older version of zsh linked
to sh will end up with the same (possibly wrong) behavior that they had
before.

For another, it breaks the whole notion of being able to rely on the
consistent behavior of the shell following "emulate -R ...".

} The final zsh-3.0.0 will be released tomorrow and on Friday I'll leave for
} a one-week holiday.

Are you sure you shouldn't wait to do the release until you're back?  So
that the archive maintainer isn't absent for the first ten days of new
non-developer users fooling with it?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: