BUG? in histreduceblanks in 3.1.2-beta

I have problems with latest 3.1.2-beta (probably it existed before as
well).  Try to enter long command (separated with \NL to get around tty
buffer length limit). If I now try scroll backward (I use standard emacs
keymap, where cursor keys are bound to up/down-line-or-history), the
display is almost completely broken. If I try to scroll several times,
thing get even worse. Example is:

bor@itsrm1:~/test/zsh%> zsh -f
bor@itsrm1:~/test/zsh%> setopt histreduceblanks
bor@itsrm1:~/test/zsh%> aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa \
> aaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa \
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa \
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa \
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
zsh: command not found: aaaaaa

So far so good. Now up-line-or-history:

bor@itsrm1:~/test/zsh%> aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa
aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Now it is a mess - it is not even possible to tell, how much lines I have.
Once more up-line-or-history:

bor@itsrm1:~/test/zsh%> aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa
aaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa
                        setopt histreduceblanks
                                               ^ cursor here
Oooops! If you try more up/downs, things get even worse.

I don't have previous version handy, but I have the feeling, that error
was not there. Term I use have size 24x80 (with so far correct terminfo).

Without histreduceblanks all is O.K. - I get exactly the same history
event as was input.

thanks

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx