Re: BUG? in histreduceblanks in 3.1.2-beta

It is obviously a display bug, related to long lines, and nothing to do
with HIST_REDUCE_BLANKS.  I can reproduce it: it happens when some line
other than the first screen line wraps around.  So, if $COLUMNS is 20,
the following display will work OK:

% abcdefghijklmnopqr
stuvwxyz
more lines
that don't wrap

But this gets mangled:

% a short line
a longer line that d
oes wrap

The display is OK while the text is being typed, but some types of
refresh (including a complete redraw prompted by use of `redisplay')
will introduce extra blank lines and related phenomena.

Possibly relevant data point: the terminal on which I reproduced
this does have the :am: capability.  I also know that its termcap is
definitely correct.

-zefram