Re: 3.0.5: eval `resize` messes up

On May 18,  4:45pm, Tatsuo Furukawa wrote:
} Subject: Re: 3.0.5: eval `resize` messes up
}
} 3.0.5 trust LINES and COLUMNS.  If you don't set LINES and COLUMNS,
} zsh measures terminal size.  But If you set LINES and COLUMNS, zsh
} trusts its value.
}
} I don't know whether this is zsh's feature or bug.

It's a feature that has a bug, as far as I'm concerned.  Zsh went from
not believing LINES and COLUMNS when it should have, to believing them
even when it should not.  However, it's very difficult to come up with
an accurate expression for when they ought to be recognized.