Re: Bugreport zsh 3.1.2: Shell exits prematurely after aborting history-incremental-search-backward

On Jun 11,  5:26pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Bugreport zsh 3.1.2: Shell exits prematurely after aborting h
}
} I had a look at this again, and I believe my previous analysis, that
} the lastc variable wasn't getting set properly, was the correct
} one.  This time I followed the problem at bit further back.
} In my case, /etc/zshenv was being sourced immediately before the
} command loop started.  At EOF, inputline() returned false; this caused
} ingetc() to set lastc to ' ', the behaviour which I found suspect.

This patch certainly does seem to stop the shell from exiting.  I still
think there's an EOF being incorrectly propagated when the bck-i-search:
prompt is interrupted with C-c, but perhaps that doesn't matter if this
masks it.  Thanks for checking again, Peter.

Side note:  What's the point of leaving out the 'a' in "bck"?  Just to
make it the same number of characters as "fwd"?