Re: sorting/uniq-ing an array?

"Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Standard linked pairs of arrays and colon-arrays behave that way,
> yes.  I'm not (yet) suggesting adding that sort of linkage.  I'm
> interested only in being able to declare a colon-array variable.
> For example, I can't think of any reason to create ld_library_path
> as an array.

Being able to create new special variables would be sufficient for
this specific case.  I was playing around with a variety of installed
Tcl libraries, and it was handy to change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH quite a
lot interactively.  There wouldn't be any problem with having an
ld_library_path which is an array (in exactly the same way that
path/PATH and things are set).

Indeed, arrays have some nice syntax in zsh, which might be
convenient.  Or are you suggesting using the same syntax for
colon-arrays?