Re: fixsuffix() again

On Nov 6,  9:16am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re:  fixsuffix() again
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > Sven, one of your patch hunks in zsh-workers/4510 removes a call to
} > fixsuffix() from the top of docompletion().  Is this intentional or not?
}
} I have no idea where this fixsuffix() in docompletion() comes from

Looks like Zefram added it when he did the 3.1.5 release.  It's not in
any version I have in CVS until after I import the 3.1.5 code and merge.

} As I wrote in another message this may be a issue of personal
} taste. If we put a fixsuffix() there any suffix on the line that is
} autoremovable will become fixed when completion is tried in any way
} (listing matches, completion with no matches, ...).

So you mean with that one call to fixsuffix() in docompletion() we can
get rid of all the other calls to fixsuffix() scattered about in other
places?  If so, then by golly I vote for putting that one back and
nuking the others.