Re: Latest patched development version

Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The changes in the configuration for AIXDYNAMIC (or whatever) have the
> effect that it now thinks it can't build dynamic loadable modules on
> Digital Unix 4.0. One problem is that the tests for load, unload,
> loadbind, and loadquery fail.

I get a "failed" for the underscore test:

	checking if your dlsym() needs a leading underscore... failed

on Solaris 2.5.1 with egcs-1.1.1.  But not with gcc-2.8.1, so possibly
this is some strange compiler problem.  config.log doesn't give
anything useful, so probably this isn't worth worrying about for the
moment.

zftp.c fails to compile:

/* bet there are machines which have neither INADDR_NONE nor in_addr_t. */

Lucky guess!  Solaris 2.5.1 seems to have s_addr as a u_long, so I
just replaced (in_addr_t) with (u_long), and it seems to work.  I
think, anyway.  I'm assuming this either catches the case when a
hostname can't be resolved (which I checked using a name that doesn't
exist), or when DNS server can't be contacted (which I haven't
checked).

Completion seems to have vanished, but I just tried with zsh -f, and
it works again, so that's presumably just something that's changed in
the compctl syntax that's not being reported as an error.