Re: Module question: hdrdeps and otherincs

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>The explanations of "hdrdeps" and "otherincs" in zsh-development-guide are
>sorely lacking, and there are no examples of these in any existing module.

There's an explanation in Src/mkmakemod.sh, below the variable list which
was copied into Etc/zsh-development-guide.  The explanatory paragraph
should probably also be copied there.

>The .mdh is a generated file, so I don't follow how it can depend on any
>other headers.  Is this for some kind of fake dependency just to force the
>module to be rebuilt?

Yes.

>Similarly, I know what "included indirectly" means, but I don't understand
>how it applies here.  Included by the headers listed in $headers, maybe?

It's for files that are included somehow, and so must be forced to
exist and be up to date, but which shouldn't force recompilation.
$otherincs are treated like the .epro files.

-zefram