Re: 3.1.6: HP-UX 10.20 binary chokes on 11.0

Clint Olsen wrote:
>I don't quite know how to explain it.  It's as if the cursor is jumping
>wildly across the line.  I have to use "~." to logout of my session.

Sounds a bit like the "endless spaces" refresh bug, which was fixed in
one of the recent dev releases.  (Funnily enough, I ran into that bug
myself a few days after it was reported here, on an HP-UX system.)

Anyway, basically you can't expect a zsh compiled for one OS to run
on another.  I wouldn't attempt to port a binary from 10.20 to 11:
they're different in so many details that you really should have a
separate binary.  (At the place where I was using HP-UX, I had separate
binaries for 10.10, 10.20 and 11.  Plus Solaris 2.5 and 2.6 and AIX,
but of course they *really* need separate binaries.)

-zefram