3.1.6: HP-UX 10.20 binary chokes on 11.0

I don't quite know how to explain it.  It's as if the cursor is jumping
wildly across the line.  I have to use "~." to logout of my session.

Here are the details of the build system:

zsh configuration
-----------------
zsh version               : 3.1.6
host operating system     : hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20
source code location      : .
compiler                  : cc -Ae -O
preprocessor flags        :
executable compiler flags :  -O
module compiler flags     :  -O +z
executable linker flags   :   -s -Wl,-E
module linker flags       :   -s -b
library flags             : -lcurses -lc
binary install path       : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
man page install path     : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
info install path         : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
functions install path    : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
installed functions       : Core/* Base/* Builtins/* User/* Commands/* Zle/* Zftp/*

About the HP-UX 11.0 system:

uname -a: HP-UX XXXXXXXX B.11.00 A 9000/899 689441351 two-user license
model: 9000/899/K570

Has anyone ever seen behavior like this before?  I'm not sure how much
success I'll have debugging.  For some reason the compiler flags for Zsh
HP-UX build are set to use a +s flag in certain places which causes angst
for the linker.  I'll have to track this down.

-Clint