Re: sourceforge.net CVS tree ready for use

Adam Spiers wrote:
> The CVS repository at sourceforge.net has been prepared from a recent
> (everything up to 10250, I believe) copy of Tanaka's repository, and
> is now ready for use.

Excellent, thank you very much.  I have added all the changes up to date,
namely my patch for LICENCE.  (Do you want `make prep' to copy that to
LICENSE? :-/) So the usual suspects are welcome to commit their own
changes.

One question is whether we commit CVS changes straight away, i.e. when the
patch is posted to the list, or wait for comments.  The latter will be a
little messy, since other developers would have to apply the patch to try
it, then remove it to avoid CVS reporting a conflict.  So I think with
non-contentious patches we might as well do it simultaneously.

We should certainly think about Andrej's suggestion that the patches can be
moved offlist now we have a regular repository.  As we have write
permission on sourceforge, a way for doing that over the net could probably
be handled.  Or maybe Geoff can think of something he can set up.

Some time, probably tomorrow since I'm zsh'd out, I shall
 - finalise 3.1.6-dev-21 and put it in the usual place, too
 - post an announcement to zsh-announce about the availablity of the CVS
   archive at sourceforge
 - all the other stuff I've forgotten to do which you're going to
   remind me.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx