Re: side effect of "select=long"

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> If you set select=long, menu selection is started *only* if list does
> not fit on screen - else menu completion is started. I bever intended
> that - rather, my intention was to start menu selction *instead* of
> displaying completion list. I always had 'select=0' to start menu
> selection unconditionally - now I have no way to start it at all.
>
> In other words, either select style should support something like
> "select='0 long'" or this settings belong to other tag alltogether

Nonsense. What should that mean? `Start selection when the matches
don't fit on the screen, oh, *and* start selection always'??

You were asking for a way to start selection in listing-widgets when
the list doesn't fit on the screen. That's what `select=long-list' is
for, as explained in the docs.

Bye
 Sven