Re: Proxy support for zftp functions

> I'd like to add proxy support to these. Looking around, it looks, like
> it enough to add a couple of lines to zfopen - but I'm not sure, if
> there can be any side effects (e.g. we set ZFTP_HOST but open real
> connection to another host).

This was on my original plan, but not only didn't I need it myself I didn't
even have a proxy host to try on, so I never thought much about it.
I was actually imagining doing it in the C code.  But if the server is
configured suitably, you ought to get away with it.  The parameters
ZFTP_HOST, ZFTP_USER etc. are readonly, but not special, and are not
checked by the C code, only set by it, so running typeset +r then changing
the variable after the connection is open and a user logged in should be
OK.  I don't actually know how proxies work, having never used one, but if
logging into a remote server involves sending a special username to the
proxy server there shouldn't be a problem.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,