Re: #compdef -k menu-select glitch in 3.1.9

On Jun 6,  4:56am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} Subject: #compdef -k menu-select glitch in 3.1.9
}
} If I explicitly invoke `zle -C _widget .menu-select _widget' then I do get
} menu-select behavior, but for some reason it doesn't work at compinit time.

I found out what's happening: this is partly pilot error on my part, and
partly bad behavior from compinit.

I have two files in my $fpath both named _widget with different #compdef
tags.  compinit processes both of them, in $fpath order, which means that
the #compdef that wins doesn't match the function that gets autoloaded.  I
expected it to only process the one that would actually be autoloaded.

Should we stick a `(( $+functions[$_i_file] )) && continue' or equivalent
into the `for _i_file in ...' loop in compinit?

The other puzzler, with the beeping, still remains.