Re: adding a toplevel zsh.spec.in file

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>If we're going to add, or replace it with, stuff that IS intended to go
>in /etc/z*, there should be some kind of README or other explanatory file
>added as well.

Is there anything that ought to go in /etc/z* on more machines than,
say, those in a single company?  It seems to me that Red Hat and
other Linux distributions should be shipping with no (or empty)
/etc/{profile,z{sh{env,rc},profile,login},csh.*} files.  We *should*
add a README explaining how the existing example files are meant to
be used, and explaining why it's usually a bad idea to put anything in
global shell startup files.

-zefram