Re: _killall on linux

On Jul 8,  4:49pm, Thomas Köhler wrote:
} Subject: _killall on linux
}
} Now, the problem is: _killall won't complete all process names. This is
} not a big deal for "normal" users, but root may have to kill other
} user's processes, too. May I suggest something like this (completing
} _all_ process names for super users)

We could put something like that [*] in, but you should note that this
can already be configured via a style in root's .zshrc:

    zstyle ':completion:*:processes-names' command ps xa ho comm

Making that configurable is the reason for the $(_call ...) expression.

It's a bit weird that it's "processes-names" rather than "process-names".
(Was there some reason for that?  It's not completing both processes and
names, and one doesn't normally use the possessive "processes' names" to
refer to "names of processes".)

[*] Rather than $( [[ "$UID" = 0 ]] && print -n xa ) I'd suggest the less
resource-intensive ${=EUID//(#s)0(#e)/ps xa}.