Re: _killall on linux

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 07:02:58PM +0200,
Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 8,  4:49pm, Thomas Köhler wrote:
> } Subject: _killall on linux
> }
> } Now, the problem is: _killall won't complete all process names. This is
> } not a big deal for "normal" users, but root may have to kill other
> } user's processes, too. May I suggest something like this (completing
> } _all_ process names for super users)
>
> We could put something like that [*] in, but you should note that this
> can already be configured via a style in root's .zshrc:
>
>     zstyle ':completion:*:processes-names' command ps xa ho comm

Uhm. Cool. :-)

> Making that configurable is the reason for the $(_call ...) expression.

Ah... I seem to get the idea...

> It's a bit weird that it's "processes-names" rather than "process-names".
> (Was there some reason for that?  It's not completing both processes and
> names, and one doesn't normally use the possessive "processes' names" to
> refer to "names of processes".)

Don't know, but it's consistent :)
_pid calls this: "... _call processes-list ..."

> [*] Rather than $( [[ "$UID" = 0 ]] && print -n xa ) I'd suggest the less
> resource-intensive ${=EUID//(#s)0(#e)/ps xa}.

Well, seen your fixed version (other mail) already:

Well - could this go in? Would save quite a few linux users some .zshrc
editing :-)

CU,
Thomas

P.S.: No need to Cc me, I'm also subscribed to zsh-workers (I'd call
myself a very passive member of this list ;-))

--
 Thomas Köhler Email:   jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     | LCARS - Linux
     <><        WWW:     http://jeanluc-picard.de      | for Computers