Re: TERMCAP problem.

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > TERMCAP=abc is probably not a valid termcap, but should this cause
> > a core dump ?
> >

> How do I know? I have not written this tgetent :-)
>
> > What value for TERMCAP should work, besides the name of a termcap file ?
> > Anyhow, if I step through the code in tgetent (termcap.c:415), it only tests
> > whether TERMCAP is set, and whether it does start witch a '/' (in
> > which case it
> > is considered a file).
> >

> You refer to some file outside of zsh. No idea. I repeat - crash is inside of
> tgetent; tgetent itself gets valid parameters. What happens thereafter is
> outside of zsh control. O.K., one more possibility - clash between memory
> allocation routines used in Zsh and your version of termcap.
>
> What are zsh compile options? Do you compile with --enable-zsh-mem? What is
> termcap 1.3 - does it come with SunOS? Try to recompile with standard OS
> libraries and see if it helps.
>
> -andrej

I checked previous versions of zsh, and version 3.1.2 did not have the problem.
In this version, all environment variables are first copied.
I checked "ChangeLog" and I found a change for 3.1.2 (hzoli, 3293) that explains
my problem.
Is this change still in in later releases ??

Koen Van Hoof    koen.van_hoof@xxxxxxxxxx   32 3 451 60 31

begin:vcard
n:Van Hoof;Koen
x-mozilla-html:TRUE